Friday, February 1, 2008

Two Dreams

Last night I dreamed that I was at a conference in a nice hotel. After lunch, a group of mothers and babies were heading upstairs to rest. We got to a door at the end of a hallway and woman we knew blocked it and shook her head significantly. We turned back and another friend blocked another exit with the warning that "they" were coming for us. Any homebirth mother and homeborn baby needed to leave the building immediately because we were going to be captured. The atmosphere was tense and we held our babies tightly and were really anxious. We finally found a way out through the basement where my aunt was waiting in a "getaway" car to take us to California.

----

Two years ago when I was pregnant with my second baby, I dreamed I was walking through a hospital and saw that all the women were laboring in beds with their arms and legs strapped down flat. One woman said, "but I wanted to give birth side-lying" and the nurse then spun her bed around so IT was on its side (perpendicular to the floor) so the woman was now "side lying" in the air strapped to a vertical bed! After I saw this, I started sneaking into all the rooms and unstrapping the women and encouraging them to "be free!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was going to post my personal "analysis" of the meaning of these dreams in the context of our legislative efforts in MO, but then I decided that the symbolism is pretty self-evident without my additional commentary!

No comments: